View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 02:32 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
When I was a teenager it happened spontaneously sometimes that I found myself outside of my body looking at myself or at the room around me. I didn't know what it was that I was experiencing and never thought about it much. I found it quite "normal" at the time. Then it stopped happening.

It occurred again, but only once, during a dance meditation many years later where I found myself rising above my body and eventually filling out the whole hall. It was a magnificent feeling, very joyful.

Nowadays, sometimes when I fall asleep I watch my body falling asleep, but I have not attempted to take it any further. For some reason I'm a bit scared of intentionally leaving my body.

It's amazing to read accounts from others who have experienced spontaneous projection. I've heard from others like yourself who also experienced AP for the first time as a teenager. In fact, I recently found out my stepmother did too. It's interesting that the majority of the accounts found themselves floating, looking down at themselves in bed. When I experienced it the first few times, I literally shot out of my body, as if I was a canon ball.

The occurrence with the dance meditation sounds beautiful. That's how AP should be. I hate to give unsolicited advice, but I can't help it, especially if someone can learn from it, end the fear and enjoy AP. So with that being said: Do not let fear be your guide while projecting. It's all about your mindset while attempting (or unintentional) AP. Expect to have a beautiful experience and it will happen. Imagine yourself surrounded by a white light and pray (if you're comfortable doing so) for protection. I don't mean protection from any ghoulies, it just helps with the fear factor.

My apologies in advance for the advice if not wanted.