View Single Post
Old 14-05-2013, 02:25 AM
icy_su

Guide to Meditation -- Step 3. Meditation

Here comes the core -- meditation.

First, why do we meditate? Let me put it into an analogy. Our mind is like a muddy river. (Just imagine the Yellow River in China~~ ) It's not clean. Be honest, we all have bad ideas in head. It's not under control. Can you sit there without any trace of thoughts in one minute? No you can't. So it needs to be ameliorated.

Meditation is a way to allow you channel and soothe the water, so that the water will be more or less under control and be cleaner. This provides us a test of your meditation result -- it you feel that your mind is more under control, (which means you have less unnecessary thoughts and negative emotions) and your heart becomes more kind, that means you are on the right way.

Second, how do we meditate? Meditation comes with concentration in the first place. Why the water is not under control? Because there are too many flows of energy, interacting with each other. If you can stick to only one energy, persistently, the others will gradually become weak, and the water will become more obedient. (How I wish I have Mayflow's vocabulary in mind. If you do not understand my expression, let me know.)

Now we have come to the question of how to find a proper energy and stick to it. Well, this is actually a very familiar topic to you guys. It's only a matter of finding a meditation object and concentrate on it.

Then what is a proper object? and how do we make sure to really concentrate on it?

These are two most common but most fundamental questions of meditation.