View Single Post
Old 14-05-2013, 12:15 AM
icy_su

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
I would suggest that it may carry an aspect of meditation concentration, but not in quite the same way. As I understand Pure Land Buddhism, the idea (much the same as much of Tibetan Tantric Buddhism) it has a psychological basis in concentrating on Buddha like internal qualities - in your case, it may be God-like qualities. Much of Hinduism does the same by repeating devotions to certain God-like qualities that emerge from within us. So, yes I would say it is a bit different from chanting red lorry yellow lorry.

Incidentally sometimes female Dakinies are imagined as well. In China, Quan-Yin is Legendary. She is a female version of the Goddess (or Buddha) of compassion. In our world of today, many consider the current Dalai Lama of Tibet as being a contemporary incarnated male version.

Dear Mayflow,

I am so much humbled by your English, and your knowledge. Your understanding of Pure Land Buddhism is correct. Although it actually envolves even more...

And I am so happy you know Quan-Yin. I am actually chanting her name as major part of my Pure Land Buddhism practice.

Cheers,
Icy