View Single Post
Old 22-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Well, I was also taught that I should respect my elders and to be grateful to my parents (and anyone else who had cared for me). So it was very messed up, to not only not allowed to express resentment or anger, but to have to cover it with ...

Anyway, I have reconciled that within myself. I am somewhat okay with my parents and relatives. They are my roots, so there is no way to completely cut myself off from them. Even if I were to go somewhere else, metaphysically, we still have very similar vibrations, just because of our DNA.

I do have resentment toward others. I wish I could lash out all my anger and frustration at a friend who said she cared about me, but could never manage to listen nor understand me, even after I told her that I had traumas and had undergone years of healing. No, she couldn't. But what she could do was to say, "I think you're being too sensitive ...," which was another way of saying that I overreacted to her, and that meant she invalidated my feelings. When I confronted her on that, telling her that she was judgmental, invalidating, etc., she denied it all.

I wish someone would just bang her head up so that it is "right" again, because I think her head isn't right. That's my anger speaking. ^_^
I hear you, that's a pretty bad way to treat a friend.