View Single Post
Old 13-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
I've had a tendancy to want to avoid pain... or to let it consume me. lol
How do you find the balance?
Hello Perspective.
1: Sharing the mechanics of my balance will be of no use to you within the context of Pain, as this dance of balance consists of knowing one's inner conflict.
Knowing one's weakness' and strengths, when to push forward and when to hold back, when to comfort and when to confront.
My conflict is unique, as is yours.
Finding your balance is the right question, and that can only be answered through the experience of life's painful experiences.

2: Then, if you like, remove the concept of balance altogether.
The tug of war between avoidance and drowning, as avoidance is unproductive as too is total consumption, yes?
You choose to either avoid or confront...so, pain doesn't consume you, you choose to go into your pain.

As the Sphinx(Mystery Men) would say, If you do not have power over your pain, your pain will have power over you.
Your pain does not consume you, you consume it.
For within/beyond/behind the veil of pain is the solution for the healing of that pain.

This quote from the book you have been reading, sums it up beautifully.

Quote:
The practice of not clinging(consumed) to or rejecting(avoidance) feelings is an important part of meditation. If we face our feelings with care, affection & non-violence(self love/compassion), we can transform them into a kind of energy that is healthy & nourishing... When a feeling arises, Right Mindfulness identifies it, simply recognizes what is there & whether it is pleasant, unpleasant, or neutral. Right mindfulness is like a mother. When her child is sweet, she loves him & when her child is crying, she still loves him.

If there is a balance issue with all this, it's loving self that enables one to self confront an issue and knowing how much to push and how much to comfort within each exploration.
Some issues take a long time to heal, some don't.
Simple rule is, be toward yourself as a loving mother/father is toward a child as they heal or are hurting or have stuffed up or are disheartened by their shortcomings.

LOVE...empowers one to traverse the hellish valleys and also controls the rate of flow of what one experiences.
LOVE...the universal ingredient for every moment of one's life.
Your balance is discovered within the journey...love yourself as you walk.

Last edited by Mountain-Goat : 13-10-2010 at 09:09 PM.