View Single Post
Old 25-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_of_Spades
I have been wondering about ways to spiritually heal or alleviate symptoms of severe strains of mental illness, in my case, specifically severe anxiety and chronic depression. I had a dream when I had just become a teenager, of a crow or raven flying straight at my face, woke up, and have been dealing with these illnesses ever since. I recently began to wonder what - if any - spiritual roots may underlay them and how to heal them?

Meditation seems like a good first step in the process of healing, but I can never figure out what one should be focusing on in the meditation?

Any advice or thoughts on the matter would be much appreciated. <3

QS

Based on what you mention here, i'd say mostly keep going in your discovery of spirituality. Make sure you practice in a balanced way, and balance your life as much as possible.

Balance in a holistic approach of spirituality includes practices that correspond to the 4 worlds. So, include physical practices, such as a sport you like, and a more internal one, like yoga or qi gong.

Then, there are the astral practices. You can begin with simple visualizations, of holy things and tarot cards. Work on active imagination. Maybe read Jung a little bit if you will.

Then the mental plane. Start with what you like. Get a general idea of most known things. Get a general culture of meditation, spirituality, holistic work. Then get more technical, with things like the tarot, kabbalah, theosophy, whatever you like, as long as it is balanced.

And finally spiritual practices as such, mostly prayer, and meditation, according to your preferences.

You may start for example 15 or 30 minutes a day for each category. The more the better, as long as it fits well in your life. Make sure you have such a base and keep going. You may add whatever you like as long as you have balanced basics.

Adjust your life so you get at least such a minimum practice, and then increase it according to your will.

For more detailed advice, i invite you to precise more your difficulties and questions. I wish you excellent practices.