View Single Post
Old 20-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
I don't think our blood types make us 'special' in any way, it just means for some its harder to find a match if their blood type is of the rare variety...My sister is AB- which is a rare blood group only a small percentage of the population have this blood group, so if she needed blood it would be hard for her to get...I am AB+ and mine also hard to get because a small percentage of the population have this, about 3% i think....the negatives are like 1%......the thing with my blood is, its is a universal reciever, so I can give my blood and plasma to any other blood group, however they can't give theirs to me, i can also give my blood to my AB- sister and she can give to me as well..phew!..but she's on the other side of the world so not so phew!....I am thinking seriously of donating because my plasma is in high demand......I guess it is one way of giving back to my brothers and sisters.......but I don't regard myself as other worldly or 'special'.....I have my parents to thank for my blood group thats it, or is it??.. Then again, one never knows in this amazing universe, the possibilites are endless?...hmmmm......Peace

Well there are many traits shared by those with a RH- blood type, here you can read some of them:

http://rhnegativeregistry.com/traits...dividuals.html

Well the most important part is that there is no protein which comes from the Rhesus Monkey in it, unlike more than half humans, and in my case is not something I have to thank my parents, well at least not completely for they are both RH+.

I applaud you for wanting to donate, many people need it, of course I have even heard that those with my bood type shouldn't even receive blood from others, even from the same type, but rather save theirs for a future need.