View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017, 04:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*

A great book by Swami Chidananda about Shakti and Navratri:

http://www.dlshq.org/download/godmother.htm
Awesome! Thank you! I shall read it, after I have totally finished with:

Prakasha-Vimarsha, The Light of Consciousness: The Core of Tantrik Spiritual Philosophy
By Christopher Tompkins and Christopher Wallis

http://www.shaivayoga.com/Writings_f...a_Vimarsha.pdf

I will tell you the whole story now about that Mantra I posted above and about Swami Chidananda in regards.

My ex-husband was/is a member (now a fully-fledged Swami) of the Divine Life Society, whilst I preferred to have no 'Guru' even though, according to Hindu tradition, my husband already was.

Swami Chidananda visited Australia in 2002 and as he was my husband's Guru, he was totally ecstatic; over the moon that he got to have the last opportunity to receive personal darshan and pay his respects. My husband invited me along, but I did not want to go...I had absolutely no interest in going.

Well, with that, my husband reminded me of my dharma and basically said "if I want you to go, you will go...that's all there is to it" and so, because I followed dharma to the letter, I reluctantly went along and tried to appear interested. Swami Chidananda just didn't 'do it' for me...but on to the story.

Whilst I was at the host's residence, my husband said to me; "I have arranged for you to receive 'mantra diksha' from Swami Chidananda"...and inside, I was like "oh great...just what I did not want...I'm only here to observe..." but seeing as the arrangements were made, what choice did I have really?

So, I approached Swami Chidananda, not really feeling anything whatsoever...not knowing what to do beyond respectfully going up and touching his feet as I saw others do...he just seemed like this plain old 'Indian guy'...very quiet, totally unassuming...and then he spoke:

"So, you wish to receive Mantra diksha from me, do you?"

All I could do was nod my head and try to avert my gaze because I had heard that it was disrespectful for me to look at him directly.

Then he said "okay then, this Mantra is for you" and he then spoke the Mantra above and said it was a Mantra for worshiping the Divine Goddess.

With that, I sorta said..."excuse me, Swami, Sir, but I am a devotee of Lord Shiva, can't I have a Shiva mantra instead?...please?"

With that, he laughed and said "I know what you are! but also understand one thing, the way to Lord Shiva is through Shakti only"

I sorta grumbled with "why does God need a 'broker' in every religion out there?...why can't I just approach Him directly?".

Swami Chidananda replied "by worshiping Shakti, you already are!"

I was still rather miffed, but got him to write down that mantra so I wouldn't forget it and then I bowed again and thanked him.

I chanted the mantra he gave me for a few months, but then reverted back to chanting Mahamrityunjaya Mantra because that made me 'feel stuff' where the Devi mantra did not.

Now, with all that has happened today, I can see the 'Divine hand' at work here and I never miss such things....so thank you.

Om Klim Kalikaye Namah
Om Namah Shivaya