View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Just saw another thread of yours: getting rid of negative thoughts etc. This is all related; stress and unhappiness creates dis-ease and disharmony which then reflects in one's lifestyle choices.

The turning point for me happened in one epiphany and moment of clarity. I was extremely unhappy and had a very negative life-attitude all throughout my 20s. But then I came to a spiritual path that taught the reality of the eternal soul, karma and reincarnation. It was only then I understood the very purpose of life, and why I'm here. I chose to be here. I am here to learn, to evolve my soul. My choices -- my thoughts, words, deeds and attitude -- all come right back at me in the form of karmic life lessons. This is how I learn to make healthy, holistic behavioral choices. And I come back, again and again, to learn and do better and perfect my soul-self. So there's really no such thing as failure; just lessons from which we learn to do better next time, and next time round.

I now understand that my choice to stay in a negative frame of mind -- and it is a choice, and nothing more -- is in fact a kind of abdication of my soul responsibility. And so I won't allow negativity into my world. I now choose -- consciously and with gratitude -- the positive path. Just as I now choose the path of healthy eating and lifestyle. Because all these things are absolutely interrelated. When I'm positive, I am happy, and I love myself. And I don't overeat, and I stay in shape, when I'm happy and love myself. Being at my correct weight contributes greatly to my self-esteem, my happiness, and my having a positive life outlook.

Hello ! Yes you are right. And despite me being sometimes affected because you cant really NOT get affected if a very long term problem is present and is only getting harder,i did increase my awareness about negative attitude towards life. I know that everyrhing happens for a reason and at the right time so i find consolation in that. But sometimes you feel suffocated and stuck in time and im tired of being a parent alone away from my husband. It takes its toll on me but i have so many things to be grateful for. I have to make my own happiness and do it with my mind.
Thanks for reminding me :) these are words to live by !