Thread: Hurricane Irma
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Haha Nature. We're okay There were a lot of touching stories on people saving dolphins, manatees and dogs. Our household got generators going, Thank God, we were game of throning there for a while (lol). Electricity and gas is a scarce commodity.

Floridians be like....

http://imgur.com/UDCuFMu
http://imgur.com/VXwbD3B

Lots of hard working folks over here, that is why that meme cracks me up.

I'm Just happy this drama is almost over( non electricity/school and business shut downs). I do want to add there is nothing over hyped about a historical 5 storm coming to the states. You have to be prepared and yes, better safe than sorry. Hurricanes are completley unpredictable what we do know is that even a "weak" category 1-2 storm can knock out power for millions and have them living in unfeasable living conditions as we are seeing now. A lot of the people who evacuated are in our area, it's simple, they need electricity and a flushing toilet. If you don't know what it's like living with a broken sewage, consider yourself royal. Also, health issues are also at stake. My neighbors grand daughter ( fled Miami) who is an infant needs her medication( anti biotics) refrigerated and a lot of senior citizens are this way.It's just an awful occurrence/ inconvenience for everyone all around. It could be weeks before many in the state see electricity and a functioning sewage. I know that doesn't look as amusing on the news as destroyed property. I am just greatful it did exactly what I had hoped for, she died off when she hit land without getting stronger and creating mass chaos in our state however, in many ways it already did.

Floridians are use to hurricanes yes, however what was different this year ( and I went through hurricane Mathew last year) is that the locals and much of Florida were actually scared this time. They have never seen a hurricane last as a CAT 5 for so long( it broke records) and with what happened with Houston, I can def understand the evacuation.

Right now, I think it is an interesting time in science and climate change. Between Irma and Texas, there was billions of dollars of destroyed property, much that will be paid by the US Tax payer, you. That is why I feel it is a very important time to pay attention. Do we keep funding the "over hyped" destruction? Or do we start paying attention to climate change /outdated infunstructure and fund preventage measures? You can debate that in the strong opinions section haha but if these storms have taught us anything it's that we need to pay attention