View Single Post
Old 15-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Thank you Starlight. And oh my I am choking up here. This is it exactly. These dear innocent animals... What do they ask of the world? Nothing. We could spend lifetimes learning such humility.I consciously and with intent created a life for myself where those types of people no longer exist in my sphere. That is how I dealt with that. I am also conscious of what I talk about when having conversations with others. I do not push my beliefs, I don't even talk about them. I ask people about themselves, that always keeps the conversation away from me and my beliefs. Nobody needs to know. It's been years since I had an encounter with people in the way you describe. Like I said, that's precisely what I set out to accomplish years ago: to eliminate people like that from my life. And it worked, and I'm happy and content.

And your "tree hugger" comment made me smile, fond memories of my youth! I lived in both the far North and the Pacific-Northwest, and was actually called that once by someone. And another drunken someone in a trucker pub called me "girly" (my long hair and headband). My response to things like that? I stopped going to pubs, haven't been in one in over two decades. Those people no longer exist in my sphere, see how that works?
Thanks for the reply Baile, It is hard for me to not be around people who think along other lines as I work with a lot of them. I am an easy target though as I am quite opinionated if someone starts a discussion there that I dont agree with. I do not push my views if it is not mentioned but as soon as someone talks about cruelty I will give a few home truths...to me criticism is in balance along with praise. It is a duty to address wrong doing. Who else if not people like us will speak for those who have no voice.
It does not really bother me if people see me as a tree hugging hippy or anything else...I have a deep affinity with nature and animals....I like to get my senses in the elements, admiring all the colours in the trees....

I just wondered how other people got along in life. Thank you for sharing. Its nice to see there are good people still around in this world.