Old 15-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
"Unseen they suffer
Unheard they cry
In agony they linger
In loneliness they die"

I still fill up when I read this...it packs a punch for me...to the point and hard hitting.
Thank you Starlight. And oh my I am choking up here. This is it exactly. These dear innocent animals... What do they ask of the world? Nothing. We could spend lifetimes learning such humility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
To my fellow friends on the subject. Do you get ridiculed for your belief in daily life? I am seen as a "tree hugger"
I consciously and with intent created a life for myself where those types of people no longer exist in my sphere. That is how I dealt with that. I am also conscious of what I talk about when having conversations with others. I do not push my beliefs, I don't even talk about them. I ask people about themselves, that always keeps the conversation away from me and my beliefs. Nobody needs to know. It's been years since I had an encounter with people in the way you describe. Like I said, that's precisely what I set out to accomplish years ago: to eliminate people like that from my life. And it worked, and I'm happy and content.

And your "tree hugger" comment made me smile, fond memories of my youth! I lived in both the far North and the Pacific-Northwest, and was actually called that once by someone. And another drunken someone in a trucker pub called me "girly" (my long hair and headband). My response to things like that? I stopped going to pubs, haven't been in one in over two decades. Those people no longer exist in my sphere, see how that works?