Thread: Semantics
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2017, 03:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
It is nice to speak of our experiences and share them with others, but the sublime experience related to non-dual consciousness cannot be described or spoken of with anybody really because words just don't exist for it.
That is why so many modern spokespersons refer to "pointers" pointing to "non-dual consciousness" rather then attempts to describe it. I actually enjoy the new and improved terms and phrases that attempt to describe it such as the Actuality, Energy, Nothing and on and on. Keep 'em coming!

Quote:
The phrases "I am That" and "You are That" originate from the Upanishads, a branch of Vedanta dealing with the limitations of individual human thought and experience within the framework of that which lay beyond them. In the end, there is nothing more one can say, after ALL has been said and done but "thou art That". It means, 'I've taken you as far as I can go, the rest is up to YOU now'...what one makes of that is personal and individual.
I'd say that it become Impersonal after the egoic mind fails to grasp or understand the "thou art That" concept or teaching.

Quote:
This is why personal pronouns are never used and apart from that, there's the damn stupid experience of getting in with a bunch of Advaitins and alluding to the ego by saying "I" only to have them retort "and just what is this "I" you speak of?"
For me, it's the best way of all to see, know and FEEL the subtle difference between a personal 'me' and the Boundless Energy/Being that I actually am. Once I can see/feel the false, non-existent, limited 'me' that I have long believed was me, the Real me or Absolute become glaringly obvious and is seen and FELT here. The (threatening) question is only inviting you to stop and realistically see or feel who/what is actually there - You (the Real) or your (false) ego?
Quote:
so it's easier to just omit any reference to yourself whatsoever.
It's an experience and a half, put it that way, but yeah it's quite ridiculous".
That is how the fearful, angry ego sees it and always has. This very same egoic fear nailed Jesus to the cross and executed his followers. The ego is and always will be terrified of any concept that seems to threaten it's (apparent) existence and will fight such ideas to the bitter end.
So who are you - the Real or an angry, frightened, temporary little person????