View Single Post
Old 21-11-2018, 09:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I just thought about a saying... "Don't worry about what others are doing, worry about what you are NOT doing".

I like to think about it this way, that the world I see is not "my reality". I have heard there are wars, hatred, hostility etc in other dimensions...but they are no more as real to me than a movie on the TV set is...The gamut of human existence is pure fantasy for me.

Some may say that I live in delusion or have created a fantasy world all by and for myself, but if ignorance is bliss, then give me the bliss at all costs...even my own sanity, because it is much preferable to any alternate reality.

I like where you began with that lol and think it is of profundity, but the latter part I think is probably a lot what is wrong with the world. now first you are absolutely right, especially when we seem to have a personal issues, it is up to us to change our own selves and world rather than looking at what is wrong with others or whatever else besides us. this is a lesson I am learning slowly but surely. and afterall we can only control ourselves.

I just saw a post of yours about the book you're writing and it sounds spectacular! and I wonder how much farther you've gotten into it since you last posted in your thread over a year ago.. I'm sure others would be interested in an update if you feel like posting in it, but anyways I am bringing it up because something that has helped me a lot is a tapping/acupressure/affirmation/cbt type therapy called EFT, which there is surprisingly a section on this forum for, albeit not a very active one. so you mentioned a chapter on cbt and I wanted to inform you about EFT because it is that and thensome. I do think that cbt can have its own value and sometimes it's just nice to talk to someone freely, but EFT has been studied vs it and comes up more effective in a shorter amount of time.

It has helped me a lot along with a friend who practices it and has done it with me online or through the phone, though it is something you can do yourself too or follow along with youtube videos. it helps us become more conscious and aware of our situations and deal with deep-rooted issues that may be responsible for repeating them. the main focus for me with them, besides the personal issues I address, is to remind myself that I can control how I deal with what happens to me and I should remain graceful and grateful and only then can I best deal with unwelcome situations, which I can find further meaning from. which is similar to your philosophy except that at the end you tout ignorance as bliss which might be the main problem with the world.. If more people care about more people's issues and situations, then we can stop turning blind eyes and come together better, or have the guts to face our own issues if others spotlight them instead of allowing us to obscure them in shadows where they can stagnate and cripple us.

So I believe too we must take responsibility for ourselves and be accepting of what is past and present, but from there we have a clear canvas to create what we want. it is too easy in my opinion to get stuck and dwell on darkness that threatens to take over us, and we have to overcome this, but sometimes the input or interest of others is just what we need, and besides we are not here alone so we should be able to come together to help each other, even if just a little bit with a token of honesty. I think that if more people were willing to stand up for and stand up to others we would have a brighter world with more positive activity as a result. that being said, I do hold dear the philosophy of realizing what I can do in any given situation to make it better for myself (and hopefully others though usually in my case they are fighting me trying to make things better for them lol) and I love the way your quote puts it so succinctly

one last thing, while I do think we should at least in some ways be more involved with each other's worlds to cast more light, I do agree that we should not obsess about wars and tragedies and all these terrible things because then they get more power they don't need