View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 05:39 AM
Deactivated Account
In the many world hypothesis time is not the same. All of the versions are happening at the same time and all of them have already happened. Time is an illusion. Your existence becomes a spectrum, as to the electron time is irrelevant. Your present state of mind influences the next moment. Your soul isnt split up or duplicated. It's fanned out over eternity. In the theory sometimes you don't exist at all.

Try not to think of it as doppelgangers or think about the other lives at all. Every version of you exists or existed so it's futile to entertain any life but the one you're in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniack
I am a believer of the many-worlds theory which hypothesizes that a very large number of universes, and everything that could possibly have happened in our past, but did not, has occurred in the past of some other universe or universes. I also believe that it's possible to jump to a more desirable timeline if you try hard enough. However, while studying this topic, I found that some believe you can be alive in one universe and dead in another. If that's the case, wouldn't we have many physical bodies disseminated across these universes? And since each body has a spirit, when we cross over, is our energy bound to the universe in which it inhabited? Or can our energy shift from countless universes even though we're still alive in others? If we shift to a universe where we are still living, does that make us simply a doppelganger?

When I was 8-years-old, my grandfather pulled out a newspaper. He pointed to the front page and said, "That girl looks just like you!" And she sure did! She was even in pageant attire, which correlated with my childhood activities; I took dance and participated in local pageants. I remember her face and hair vividly. It was like we were twins. It seemed strange to me then and even more strange to me now. Was there another physical "me" out there, or did I just change timelines?

I'm pretty open-minded and would like to believe that there are more physical versions of ourselves. What puzzles me though is where exactly we'd go on "the other side" and how many versions of ourselves would be there.