Thread: Neck pain
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2011, 03:00 AM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I wouldn't be scaring people off of chiro, as I've been going to one since before 1974 and if it weren't for them, I'd be much worse off. Also, my ex had a severe back problem that the regular docs did nothing for in spite of giving shots and pills. But the day he took my advice and went to my chiro, he was on the mend. He couldn't even walk up the stairs to sleep in bed, so he had to sleep on the couch, he was messed up bad and the chiro fixed him.

Jules is right, though, go see your own doc or shop for a chiropractor near you.

The thing about chiropractors is, there are some bad ones out there. I had one really hurt me. I should have sued. He really pounded on my back and really shoved his knee in my side. I was always sore afterwards. Plus, he really threw my hips out of alignment. My right hip started going out on me. I'd be walking along and then all of a sudden I could not bend my knee. If I tried, excruciating pain. It took almost a year for it to get better. Some of them are out right dangerous, they rush and and some use too much force. Ask around... don't just pick one out of the yellow pages.

A cranial-sacral therapist can do wonders for neck problems though.