View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:00 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
You have clearly answered the question which didn't however cover the relationship between what you are and the body. Without this explained your answer didn't make complete sense. You can say it's an indisputable fact if you like in that you answered me but it would be similar to Rains instance where there could be the answer of consciousness as being what you are without any further information than that. It would make no sense to me at all.

Hi GL

I quite plainly did cover the relationship between what you are and the body. I even used the word ‘relationship’. Again this may be a case of you not reading carefully or appreciating or perhaps understanding the answer given (as you say, some things don’t make sense to you.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
The ‘you’ that IT is doing is what is sometimes known as the ‘conventional self’ which is roughly synonymous with the body-mind-matrix - which as I’ve explained several times is not an entity - it’s closer to an activity - an activity OF Source.

So we could say that Life/Source is like the ocean and the BMM is like a wave. In a sense there is no wave there is just the ocean waving.

So the relationship is like the ocean and a wave. And back to the original point - a wave is not a fixed, immutable, separate entity - a wave is not a separate self.

And:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
The ‘body and such likes’ are a play or patterning or expression of Source. So they are equivalent to waves in the ocean analogy. So (and this is important to note) a wave is made of the ocean but a wave is NOT the ocean. Can you see the difference there? A individuated wave is not the Totality - it’s not Source - yet it is made from Source (so to speak.)

So yes, I concur there is nothing other than Source. But Source in all its magnificence plays the game of limitation.

A body-mind-matrix is Source presenting as sentient limitation. This is why I don’t know your thoughts or know what colour socks you are wearing. I am the stuff of God - but I (as in this BBM, Moondance) am not God.

What this means is you are not other than Source - but in this expression (BMM) it is Source presenting as limitation. This body-mind-matrix known here as God-Like, despite the name, cannot leap across the Bristol channel or have knowledge about a distant galaxy. This is due to sentient limitation. To use another analogy, your substance or essential nature is gold (Source) yet your expression or conventional nature is a ring or charm (BMM.)

In a no-separation sensibility (to put it in extremely simplistic terms) there is the felt-sense that THIS that is going on is the movement of the whole (so to speak.) You (the apparent BMM) are not moving about in Life - Life or THIS (as it is) is the movement. You scratch your nose and just that is a movement of Source. But sentient/biological limitation (obviously) remains the case - because Source presents as that too.

———

Please can you avoid making references to others on the forum - apart from anything else, I have not read all of their input as yet.

———

The rest of this is about where we disagree. So it’s not actually anything to do with answering questions it’s about disagreement - which is fine - there’s no shame in agreeing to disagree. And as you point out, we actually do have some areas of agreement.

Now if you have any further questions perhaps you could make them concise and to the point and number them - then I will precisely address each number. Let’s try that.