View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
I'm so sorry I'm late to this thread. Short answer is that I've been excruciatingly busy, but finally making time to give this a crack!

* Steampunk tarot

1. Who are you?
Ace of Wands reversed. Someone who may be seen to be successful... but who isn't sure they
re holding the right branch (ie, may not be sure they're happy with what they have).

2. What do you want?
Knight of Swords. I want to be an adventurer! This person travels a lot, packs light. There's a lot of movement and variety here.

3. What do you need?
Ace of Cups reversed. HMM. Well, this cup is saying 'disappointment and sadness'. Perhaps it may be time for me to start expressing the unhappiness I feel inside. I'm looking at the spread of suits here - fire and water are opposing attributes, perhaps I'm simply in the wrong environment.

4. What's your best quality?
Justice. Apparently I'm very fair and reasonable?! Haha. This suggests a capacity to weight up between options well.

5. What's your worst quality?
High Priestess - I'm seeing here an over-reliance on intuition, and someone who is very comfortable in that zone (almost too comfortable). I'm entertained by this because in some industries this is a major plus, but I can see how in something like my clinical job this is an issue.

6. How do 4 + 5 work together?
9 of Swords suggests that they don't, that I frequently am paralysed by conflicting desires to reason things out vs go intuitively. Not an easy one.

7. How to better your worst quality? The Tower is saying here, swift sharp approaches. I'm almost seeing the word "puncturing" here. At risk of turning myself into a self-sabotager, it's almost as if the card is saying it's time to learn to be more logical and less intuitively led.

8. How to strengthen your best quality? 3 of Cups. I need to keep hanging out with my peeps, by the sounds of things. Perhaps they keep help me grounded and mellow - which is a much better place to operate from.
If I may be a busy-body...
The High Priestess and you're number 7 to make this a bit better... I cannot believe one is urged to be less intuitively led.
Isn't your worst quality HPS not more like this:
The High Priestess speaks of feelings that often change. You don't know what you are feeling, and/or the feelings seem to be inaccessible. You are riding the highs and lows of your feelings and you have a hard time explaining how you feel or understand yourself. You want stability and you are seeking this outside of yourself. In someone or something that makes you feel stable and secure. (In the original text this 'someone' was the Divine soulmate, I took the liberty to change it.)
HPS is also about the subconscious, so maybe you don't express your true feelings freely, keep them bottled up.

That would compute with the Tower, which says to break out from this, to try and express your feelings more often, and to let your intuition be your compass as opposed to trying to always be neutral. It's a great quality to be able to be impartial and fair, it's even better when supported by your inner guidance

The 9 of Swords... maybe you don't sleep so well cos your intuition can freely roam during sleep state. It's gotta come out somewhere somehow... You don't balance it during the day, don't allow it to support you as it should, so it disturbs your sleep. Not necessarily nightmares, but maybe lots of dreaming and very restless nights because of it?
IF any of this rings true, they could work together really well, complement each other beautifully, provided you allow them to.