Thread: Self: the core
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Master
Hi Esther...basically that's what the 1st article says...LOL...you said it more succintly

It says...
1) self is relationally defined...duties to God/self, and duties to God/others.

2) there is a mutuality of love that is shared between the human and the divine.

I really like the explanation of the mutuality of love...love isn't all you need, unless you have already internalised the ethics, realised the self, and are an active channel for the love in intent, thought, and deed.

God is love, yes...and we can seek union with the One as respite...but we are here in this existence to join heaven and earth...not to deny either one...and as individualised consciousnesses, we are in a relationship of love and mutuality with God.

3) altruism is the purview of everyone...thank God...
so even though it's not "required by law", it's commonplace or we wouldn't have made it this far...

The altruism factor...just rang true for me. It's nothing special...but life requires it of us all...and everyone will be expected to rise to the occasion at some point in their lives, in some fashion, perhaps on behalf of another...

...so as usual it's the ordinary is the most extraordinary. I thought it was a nice touch with the understood reference to the collective...and how we all rely on one another for support and survival...sometimes very directly.

Peace,
7L