View Single Post
Old 31-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

Has anyone used this progressive muscular relaxation as their actual technique to project?

Something I've mistakenly done in the past has been to look at the relaxation part only as a preliminary or preparatory stage and then switch to a projection technique itself but the thought occured to me that:
  • It's not that complicated and, assuming we project when we sleep anyway but are unconscious of the fact, there need be no special technique - all we have to do is let the body sleep while we stay aware.
So, I timed myself doing simple relaxation and not worrying at all about projecting or picking a technique. If I'm worried about the technique then I think it's missing the point since all we are trying to do with any technique is catalyze what happens naturally.

The first try in which I timed myself, it was approximately eleven minutes until the body fell asleep and the "vibrations" began. I assumed soon after projection would follow as normal but I had to brake the practice to look at the clock.

I did this again and it took about fifteen minutes. So it depends on the state you're in and how tired you are.

Maybe someone else can do this too and see approximately how long it takes them to begin to project, through simply relaxing until it happens naturally and not worry about an actual technique.

Comparing results might be interesting.