View Single Post
Old 27-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
I qualified as a Shiatsu Practioner several years ago though I tend to work on animals more than humans. In answer to your question. Yes, Shiatsu can release other emotions as well as work with physical pain. It's quite an in depth subject but I'll try to briefly explain how it works.

Often a lot of emotions and underlying problems are caught together and can manifest as sore areas on specific points of a body. These over time can build up to cause discomfort and physical pain. As in the pain you felt in your upper back and neck. We each individually have specific points where we store this, and it can coincide with a point of a past or on going injury.

Shiatsu works on the meridian lines and acupressure points within the body and as the points are worked on and the blockages that cause the discomfort are released very often you will get a release of emotions as well. This is the whole part of the healing both the physical and emotional and can take a few days to surface and clear properly. Shiatsu is about returning the body to its natural balance.

I hope this helps you some. Just go easy on yourself until this naturally passes.