View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 10:41 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavani
Hi, I am posting in the ND forum as that is where my beliefs lie.
I have kind of had it with liking everyone.
There is a certain notion that spiritual types should deeply love everyone.
Isnt is possible to know that we are a love manifestation, whilst also not liking people?
Of course there is the idea of projection. That what I dislike in another is what needs to be healed in oneself.
And of course to give time to healing a self, only furthers the ignorance.
I like most people. I easily tolerate just about everyone. But I do dislike someone.
I am now moving from: "overcome your dislike, they are another one having a human experience", to...."nah, i dont know why, but I really dislike the that person even though they appear to be harmless, and i will now accept my dislike". It feels better (more correct) to just give up trying to like them when I dont.
Any thoughts?
Obviously I am not at full realization, but appreciate the perspective of you non dualists on this.
TA :)

Hey Bhavani,

Spirituality is not a hiding place, and cloaking everything in 'love' is just a way of not confronting the true feelings that lie below. Loving everyone is just a way of hiding from your own emotions.

There are several wrathful deities in Buddhism, like Dorje Drollo or Yamantaka. Not everything is always about peace and love, but also about transforming negative to positive. Like tough parenting, it comes from love but can be hard for the child.

We all have the ultimate true Buddha nature in our selves. The true buddha nature is just clouded by our own dualistic mind and loads of karma.

Pain and existential discomfort is one of the best motivators for development spiritually. With spiritually I mean clearing karma and developing clarity of mind and a diminishing sense of self. Not new-agey things, although they might come as a by product as the mind gets clearer and clearer.

As the self diminishes (the sense of me, I, myself), you also have less emotions /dislikes towards people or things. One starts slowly to realize that the stuff happening around is not aimed at you, it is just stuff that happens. There is no you to whom the stuff happens, and so it looses its grip (emotion) on you.
“Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.”

—Albert Einstein