View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavani
Hi, I am posting in the ND forum as that is where my beliefs lie.
I have kind of had it with liking everyone.
There is a certain notion that spiritual types should deeply love everyone.
Isnt is possible to know that we are a love manifestation, whilst also not liking people?
Of course there is the idea of projection. That what I dislike in another is what needs to be healed in oneself.
And of course to give time to healing a self, only furthers the ignorance.
I like most people. I easily tolerate just about everyone. But I do dislike someone.
I am now moving from: "overcome your dislike, they are another one having a human experience", to...."nah, i dont know why, but I really dislike the that person even though they appear to be harmless, and i will now accept my dislike". It feels better (more correct) to just give up trying to like them when I dont.
Any thoughts?
Obviously I am not at full realization, but appreciate the perspective of you non dualists on this.
TA :)

Hello Bhavani

Yes, "spiritual types should love everyone" is simply a notion. Not liking certain people is in some respects no different to not liking certain foods, environments, music, art, entertainment and so on.

Every human organism, without fail, will experience some degree of disfavour/aversion and desire/inclination until the day it dies. The difference with a nondual sensibility is that this aversion/desire is seen for what it is - a natural functioning of the whole - an impersonal phenomenon like gravity or indigestion. And in this seeing it tends to pass through with more ease.