View Single Post
Old 13-04-2018, 07:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Sky Posted

I personally don't think this has been translated properly.

God wouldn't lead us into temptation, we sometime succumb to temptation, but God does not lead us. Mybe, do not let us fall into temptation or something similar works better. Does God test us or throw us into temptation and then sit back and watch how far we fall, don't think so.

Nice Thread JB.

Quote:
Posted by Jonesboy

and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

I do not feel this needs further interpretation. Lead us not into temptaion, but deliver us (Instead) from evil.

Fair enough I suppose?

Agreed God may test us. Or that is to say my belief is that that could be a possibility. What I have not figured yet, is why. Why is such testing needed? And constantly? (Speaking of my experiences only here). It seems to me a lack of trust. God expects I give him my trust, I verily expect it in return. Communication, faith, trust, loyalty, are not things that go one way constantly never to be a mutual exchange as at least I view them.

While I agree it possible God may test us, I've not figured out the way. Others could conjecture the why isn't so much important to their heart's content. Perhaps others are not bothered to worry too much as it were by asking such things.

I feel such things are important, a purpose is important to me. For my life, for my time, for my effort, for my willingness, and yes even for my tests, and more importantly still yes very much so a purpose is important for me for my loyalty. One can not expect me to be loyal, and refuse to tell me why.

It is this way with myself and God. I ask why every breathing waking, conscious moment of my life, and get no solid and reasonable answer, and yet I remain loyal.

I suppose the question why could in that sense be asked of me. Why do you remain loyal to God? Despite I have not many answers to my pressing questions, in all other respects God has Never failed me.

I found your post to be very beautiful jonesboy, though I must say I perhaps may not entirely adhere to your own interpretation, as I view some of it quite differently, I find it adequate enough for its intended purpose.

Thank you for sharing.