View Single Post
Old 30-08-2017, 02:04 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterofDanu
That's an interesting read :) Thank you for sharing.

Druidry is pretty diverse, there are a handful of organizations that all have their own structure, not to mention countless other solitary Druids like myself. As most of traditional/ancient Druidry was lost due to time, the Celtic oral tradition, and the massacre the Romans did to the Druids, modern Druidry is diverse though not as diverse as other Pagan paths. We take what we can from historical accounts and archaeology. The rest is a blend of Celtic mythology/folklore and Neopaganism.

Most Druids are drawn to the path because of its balance between emphasis on nature-worship as well as the emphasis on loving mankind and helping to better it. Here is probably where those who were interested in Lore would find it is key. Wisdom and knowledge are huge topics of emphasis with Druidry, though I have not heard of the lore mentioned through your links being directly associated with it. But it's definitely not incompatible as Celtic mythology is filled with stories about humans interacting with gods and beings from Annwn (the Celtic Otherworld).

But different Druids have different focuses. Within Druidry there are three titles/areas of Druidry people may take interest in. Bard, those who are creative and artistic and those who are storytellers and are interested in folklore. Ovate, those who are interested in healing both spiritual and physical as well as magic and shamanism. And Druids who are interested in law, ethics, and the betterment of mankind. Most the organizations have courses for each one starting with Bard and ending with Druid. But it's not uncommon for different Druids to categorize themselves as one category when describing their spiritual paths.

So for example I consider myself more of an Ovate as I take interest in herbs/plant spirits, herbal and crystal spiritual healing, and divination.

I hope this wasn't too confusing :P Every Druid is different, a lot like Eclectic Neopagans. Asking a group of Druids a question will get you a handful of answers along with a lot of passionate debate between them. But it's that free will to develop a personal path alongside Earth Mother and fellow man that I love very much.

thanks for sharing... i will ponder what you have written :)