Thread: Closing off
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 11:17 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM1947
Is there a known method so that I can permanently shut off my mediumship, or do I have to take antipsychotics or antidepressants?

Thanks

Hello

Trust me very few come in as strong with it all as I did, and I so tried for years to shut down to tone it out. I begged God to have it gone, I tried some meds, I started down the path of drinking too much, nothing stopped it. The more I fought it the stronger I got. I came in as me and I had to make peace with it all then find that balance with it all. I even thought on taking my life over it all at 16 and was given a Near Death Experience at 25 over it all. I was 40 when I stepped into it fully, embracing it all as just being my calling to this lifetime and things have fallen into place.

I can at times see the dead as clearly as the living, I am never off the clock and never alone. I have all 5 senese in play with the level of Medium I am so I get it all full on at times. Its not something I would wish on anyone but it is whom and what I am.

The meds work on mental illness and being sensitive is not an illness its a blessing and a curse rolled into one.

I will share a story of someone now passed but that inspired me in my path.

This young man was living on the streets trying to fight the "demons" as he put it but not on street drugs. He had tried all the drugs out there at the time for "hearing voices" and nothing worked. He had tried to take is life and that too did not work. He volunteered his time at a local church and outreach centre, where he met a Father there that say a "spark" in this young man that was not the same of those struggling with mental illness issues. That he really was "hearing voices" of those that had passed, and of a higher source. While some traditional churches are not open to talking to the dead, this one was in the darkest of locations for the homeless and the poor. They had to think out side the box at times to be of service.

This young man learned that he had a calling, not to God but to be more aware of what is out there, and how to help others with a different level of empathy towards them. He became a Social Worker and did that til he was in his late 30's. He went on to found an Out Reach Program that helped many off the streets all by donation. I was part of his program as a volunteer of 3 years. Saving all he could as he wanted to help more. He passed away peacefully and I was by his side.

He like me learned to embrace whom he was and what he was. Life can be normal and you can be seen as "normal" its about acceptance and balance in the path one walks with it all.

Lynn