View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
So is the body actually real even if made of a different matter? Or just an illusion? If it's real how did it form and how is it maintained if there is no need for food etc. Is there blood in the veins etc? Also do you breathe assuming a real body or if not a real body do you have the sensation of respiration?

I have real trouble over imagining a physical afterlife in the real sense. I can imagine our disembodied consciousness for example might create its own version of the afterlife but it wouldn't be 'real'. But I don't see how a soul or spirit leaves the body with no physical form then arrives at a place and suddenly materialises fully formed into a version of us. who decides on that version? How does the spirit form a body upon arrival??

I suppose we could experience breathing and blood in our 'veins' and eating, and sleeping at certain times....etc if that is what we really want/desire.
My own personal (limited) experience has been via out of body experiences. But during them I had no need to breathe, no desire to, no awareness of breathing. But have smelled things and once ate something and tasted it very nicely! In fact, it tasted better than its physical equivalent. I tried to make the same recipe here but never managed to capture that exact flavour!

So maybe spirits can do the same? And probably much more! Although of course there is no longer any physical need to do any of those things. But it doesn't mean you can't!
It seems that the astral levels being 'desire worlds' could include many things if wished.