View Single Post
Old 22-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
All is One is a 'self'-masturbatory 'high' (IMO, and only in IMO now!)

'Connecting' requires that one appreciate and be 'thrilled' by 'involvement' with, and so getting 'high' off of, the uniquely/special/different energy or vibe of an other.

It is in loving the/an other that one experiences 'connection'.

'Connection' with your 'self' or a feature thereof, whether it it be your 'hand' or your 'greater' (source/home self) is simply a 'given' fact of Life, like 'Being' is never 'Not' - as is implicit in statements like "Wherever you go, there you are!"

It occurs to me that maybe 'non-dualists' are not really missing/seeking the feeling/experience and creative possibilities inherent in a 'connection', but rather the feeling/experience of (being at) 'home' - which would explain why someone like me experiences such folks as being preoccupied with their 'own' feelings/experiences and not actually being or interested in being 'lovingly' ('love' in this case being a verb, now) relating/related.

I think that the whole purpose of souls individuating and (thereby) leaviing the 'womb' of their One-source 'home' (as they go into 'duality) is to experience and grow/evolve in ways which result in their being able to experience and express more different kinds and higher and higher levels of the 'best' kinds of love and joy in relation to others, and so suggest that preoccupation with Oneness, Non-Duality, etc. is likely to be counterproductive and Life-opportunity avoidant - sort of like a 'kid' at summer 'camp' who feels so 'homesick' that he or she doesn't eagerly/fully engage in all of the various possible activities available in said 'camp' setting with other 'campers'.

So the idea All is One doesn't work for you:)

What has worked for you, or would you still describe yourself as a seeker?

Last edited by Iamit : 22-02-2018 at 10:11 PM.