View Single Post
Old 27-02-2012, 03:16 PM
ArianHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn
Anyway, for anyone who practices (other than the above question):

- How long have you been practicing?

- What made you decide to get into Wicca or were your parents Wiccan?

- How do you feel in regards to deities? Is there just the one (male/female), multiple deities, all deities are aspects of one deities, all deities are aspects of the self, etc.? Why do you think that?

- Are you a solitary practitioner or do you practice in a coven? Why?

- Do you practice a specific type of Wicca (traditional or non-traditional)? Why?

- How have you learned to practice Wicca?

Feel free to add any information!

Hi Arawn (Arawn - Arian = yay!)

- I've been practicing Wicca for about 6 months. I've KNOWN of Wicca for 4 years and got into it then, but I didn't read much about it and forgot about it for a while, seeing as its not taught in schools :(

- I had a friend who was talking about Wicca one day and I decided to go to the library to find out about it! The only book they had was 'The REAL witches year' by Kate West. I read it all and I wanted to keep it forever, but unfortunately, I had to take it back and when this happened I followed the moon phases for about a year until I left it at that. The second time around, however, I was simply on Google and came across the word 'Witch'. My curiosity overcome me and I started looking up Wicca all over again.

- In regards to deities I am a soft polytheist. This means I believe that all Gods are different images of the one, true, God. I believe that the one true God has his/her image in everything, whether it be Zeus, or a tree. Currently I am researching Hinduism and Egyptian deities.

- I practice solitary. I find covens usually practice specific traditions (Alexandrian etc) and I don't believe what they believe in! I like to research for myself without others telling me what I should believe in. I'm not close minded to the idea of a coven though, I guess I just haven't found a one suited to me.

- Pretty sure I've basically answered this. But i don't practice traditional Wicca.

- I research on the internet. I read books. I speak to people on the internet (I don't know any pagans in person!) about their beliefs. I write lists. I listen to my heart and do what feels right and not what others tell me I should do.

You said you may want someone to take you "under their wing". Although I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as others here. I would be interested in learning WITH you, and discussing Wicca in more detail. We might find out or beliefs are similar and teach what the other doesn't know!

Blessings,

Arian Hawk