View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual_Light
I have a few questions, maybe some spiritualists/mediums or more educated people than me on the matter can help me to understand.

Nearly a month or two ago, I attempted to join the Mormons/lds because I got quite into Christianity over the last few years along with spirituality and found my beliefs and interest in both were at conflict. I felt wanting to be part of a community of people who like me, believed in God, Jesus, and angels, but also believed in mediumship, and some of the spiritual concepts by Swedenborg.

Essentially, I found no Christian denomination that took in all these beliefs, and I didnt want to feel I could not be open about them, so by accident I came across a video on YouTube about Mormons, and it was them talking about their beliefs. In the video they described their belief of heaven, which was very much in line with what Swedenborg describes about the 3 heavens. This got my interested, and long story short, I found myself quite drawn to them because of the beliefs of heaven similar to Swedenborg and with Christianity thrown into the mix as well. I got as far as nearly being lured in, because they are so kind, but I started to think that their whole religion was ripping from Swedenborg and then re-worded to suit their own agenda.

Anyway, I'm curious to ask do you think Joseph Smith (the prophet who started Mormonism) plagiarized from Swedenborg? And plagiarism aside, do you think both the Mormons and Swedenborg have an accurate understanding of Heaven/Afterlife?

Most of us on a spiritual path (versus a religious organization) have found there is no place that we fit in. Which is by design. Once one grows beyond the beliefs of all organized religions we venture on our own spiritual path towards our creator, following our hearts to guide and direct us. As it has been said before, it's all within us.

Organized religions are for those still trying to figure it all out. They serve their purpose. Sorry if I have offended anyone. This is, of course, my opinions.