View Single Post
Old 29-03-2019, 12:39 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
I practice for a long time buddhist meditation my goal there is enlihtemnet - just recently changed teacher to one that emphasis the gathering of energy which he said is chi/qi

thats why i really have a big intrest in it - but i also have a small one to help with my health probelms as qigong/tai chi as a form of exercise

i dont have a teacher about chi - so you dont contradict a steady teacher

i go free once a week to qigong in the park and there i heared the breath in breath out - also i was recently in 4 lessons in 3 different teachers one of qigong and 2 of tai chi - based on teachers etc i would probably do tai chi class but they dont go to much into spiritual stuff there and once a week qigong in the park but its not like a lesson but like the instructor there said for "fun"

my main thing at the moment i guess is to gather chi cause when you have more of it you can do more stuff like chours around the house etc = motivation thats what my buddhist teacher says and it seems true

so the whole breathing out chi from the hand confuses me and im trying to understand what is the deal with breathing out and pushing the chi out (as the qigong instructor in the park says in class) if we are trying to increase it

I will call it Ki, since I prefer the Japanese discipline.

The reason they told you to breathe it in and then out is because when you cultivate Ki, you are strengthening your etheric/energy body to move More quantities and more refined levels of Ki within and through it.

Some is naturally stored in the Hara (Lower Tan Tien) but the point is to widen/wake-up the meridians, and clear out blockages. Moving the energy back and forth does this well.

Once your energy is moving smoothly, this will also train you to be more receptive to the motions of your inner energy.