View Single Post
Old 27-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
You can show the truth, but you cannot open the human consciousness; you can lead a mule to water but you can't make him drink.

Show us in scripture where angels celebrated Jesus birth and the bible sanctioning that celebration as a perpetual practice. In fact, show us any biblical sanctioning of birthdays as celebrations. And give us at least three scriptures to bear witness of this thing your trying to prove. I think three is fair to ask for. Don't you? The sites I gave have dozens of scriptures. I would like to study the scriptures you have that support the celebration of birthdays.

Mickiel, when you start making personal insults, it only proves something is amiss.
So, what are you saying now? And, in line with the Jehovas Witnesses?
That because it isn't mentioned in scripture, that it is a sin?

And really? I have to cite the angelic declaration to the shepherds on the birth of the Lord, to you?
Dunno, haven't checked to see if it's in the New World Translation or not.
What else isn't mentioned in scriptures? Electricity?
Modern modes of travel?
Radio and T.V.? So perhaps you might consider the Amish lifestyle if these bother, or offend you?

Luke 2:13-14 <~ "As the shepherds guarded their flock at night, suddenly.."?

As it says at www.gotquestions.org, concerning the subject matter, "there is no legitimate reasons to not celebrate Christmas".
The issue is about joy! And declaring the wonderful event, and His personage to the nations.
So now mickiel, I might ask you to cite what scripture says about,
"the joy of the Lord".
?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein