View Single Post
Old 14-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Why do people need to be forgiven by others?

Well they don't actually. In my opinion. If there is a need to be forgiven by others one perhaps should not be asking for forgiveness, if they do this out of need, if done out of need the asking of forgiveness is not truly meant is it? I am honestly asking. One should ask forgiveness of another because truly they want it. Needing it then is just a self soother, a pacifier, they need only rid themselves of guilt. Asking for forgiveness then, does not always go hand in hand with truly wanting to be forgiven.

At times though, there are those whom truly want and mean to have the forgiveness of another, and that Sky, is why they ask.

In my view it is not only God who is capable of forgiveness. Have you ever been apologized to? Did you forgive the person asking? We as people are capable of forgiveness, the bible teaches us this.

But it is God whom offers a new slate. I can not eradicate or in any way undue the mistakes of another, but if I am wronged and someone asks me for forgiveness, I will forgive them, and hold no unjustified anger toward them any further. But true too they would have lost my faithful trust. I could not trust them in the same way again. Next encounter with them I may be wary.

Yes though. I do not believe people need the forgiveness of another. If it is a need, it is in their own self interest and they truly do not want forgiveness, but rather want to be rid of any guilt. They bring upon themselves. Because someone may have wronged me does not imply I went out and attempted to make them feel guilt in the first place. Guilt tends to be an emotion of one's own making. No that is not to say the same thing as, people shouldn't feel remorse. That simply isn't so.

And in my view to finish to answer you, the reason people Want to be forgiven by another, is because truly they mean that they regret the harm they caused another human being.