View Single Post
Old 23-03-2007, 07:52 PM
SpiritAwakes

Angel1 new life begins - death escaped

Reading everyone's experiences brings me happy chills! I have a few stories in regards to this, but the one that I cherish the most belongs to my husband - for we almost lost one another forever exactly one week before our wedding.

As he was walking home from work in Toronto, crossing the street to come home, he was hit by a large van filled with indy 500 drivers (the race was on in TO). He flew up, had his knee smashed in, his shoes were literally torn from his feet and burned from being dragged on the road, and worst of all, his head had landed on a steel pole - but, the angels had ensured a "pillow" was underneath his head, in perfect position to embrace the impact and protect him from what would have otherwise been his ultimate death, or at the very least, severe head trauma and brain damage.

The story of this "pillow" was his romantic nature and divine timing. You see, he had brought his extra hard-drive to work that day, to download Disney songs for our wedding and to gather more info for our Disneyworld honeymoon. As well, he had picked up a newspaper entitled "New Life Begins" on the front, and had his iLife book, all in his bag. A bag, which previously, he had never taken before. Little 'lone had it been filled with so much stuffing to protect him.

And, only because of this "pillow" did he survive the accident. Yes, he was in a wheelchair on our wedding day, and yes our honeymoon was cancelled and our vows were said seated, and our dance occured with me snuggled beside him in a chair, but all that mattered was that he was with me, and still is to this day.

I know he was surrounded by angels. They ensured "New Life" did begin, including our son Riven, born November 2006, and that our "iLife" was never taken for granted. There is much more to this story, but I have never been so heavenly blessed as the moment my husband was saved from death. (In past lives, we've discovered this is the first life we have not been torn from one another in some tragic way, although this came 2 years after the accident)

Angel blessings to all of you!