View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 07:46 AM
Master
Abide As The Self - Ramana Maharishi

Namaste.

During recuperation (ongoing) from psychosomatic illness, in which knowing I am not the body made no difference to the amount of pain it afflicted me with, I became interested in studying the works of the sage from Arunachala.

There weren't many verbal/written teachings to study, as Ramana Maharishi spoke very little (if at all) as he was a 'silent guru' however, I was still on the lookout for where Monism (Advaita) and Bhakti could meet and hold hands in relative peace.

I found a documentary hosted by Ram Dass, which was very slow to start with and it took me a few attempts before I was able to muster enough concentration and interest to sit through the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSNEib2RDl8

What I got from that, was there is no difference between Bhakti and Advaita, as both methods of inquiry stem from/reside in the heart - the heart of all things...of all matter...of the universe itself.

Ramana Maharishi doesn't produce any real feelings of recognition or devotion within me...and if he even felt any pain from the sarcinoma on his left arm, he didn't make it known, which puts my illness into a much irrelevant light by comparison.

I would have loved to be a 'fly on the wall' though when Swami Yogananda met Ramana Maharishi.

So, this thread is to discuss the teachings/works of Sri Ramana Maharishi.

Aruna Shiva Om.