View Single Post
Old 25-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Seeker

It may be that your muscles around your chest are contracted due to prolonged trauma, which made you "close down" for obvious reasons (to protect yourself). Now when you are out of the abusive environment you need to learn to open yourself up again, both emotionally and physically.

The great thing is that we have bodies which can help us to recover from bad things. When you breathe, and the breathing over the is chest shallow/constricted, then you have some kind of "blockage" over that part. And sometimes just breathing can't be enough, but you need to use your body and assist "opening up" the part you are struggling with.

Tai Chi is a great discipline for this matter. I'm no expert, but have had positive effects from using it. I have an app called Tai Chi from appstore, where I'm currently following the "fundamental movements". I believe that patience is key here, getting to know your body, connect the different parts and learn to see where the constrictions is and use your body together with your breath to open them up.