View Single Post
Old 17-01-2018, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Yeah, the health/medical line. It's a legit thing.

The medical thing is also pretty funny for me because I AM in that industry - I have come very close to telling someone "dude, you realise that to properly diagnose your heart condition you need an actual ECG scan performed with an ECG machine and not a pack of cards, right?"

I cringe deeply when I see people advertising 'medical screening' services (usually some kind of chakra screen) - that's a whole kettle of fish I refuse to touch professionally. I would be curious to know - of the people who do it - whether they have insurance and whether any of them have had lawsuit or malpractice claims or whatever.
Here it is advised that if you run your own company you have insurance. I guess it isn't different when it concerns a company where you offer services, advice and so on, maybe even more so?
Isn't it similar to a coaching and counseling practice. Many of these are part of some organisations (it does cost money and you need to have done an official study otherwise they don't except you) and reason for this is mostly that: having legal council and insurance when a client gets difficult.
How to protect yourself when you do readings... not sure. I don't do professional readings. Not sure what you mean by that, do you run an official reading company?? Or do you simply refer to paid-for readings as 'professional'?
But I guess insurance is never a bad thing. From what I remember it wasn't all that expensive and at least you have your hiney covered.