View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 05:25 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnostic
We cannot Love that which we ultimately do not Understand.

Are you sure about that? Most people don't understand most things. They may partially understand, given that understanding=knowledge+experience so at least they can partially love. There are multiples of shades of love multiplied by the number of people on the world.
I love music (in a very deep sense) but I don't understand it other than technically. I love a piece of cake - but how do you understand a piece of cake?

Quote:
If you do not begin to extend Unconditional Understanding to your fellow-men now you will not cultivate the ability to Love Unconditionally.
You see, how can you expect me to buy that? How do you unconditionally understand people when mostly they don't understand themselves? Are you able to penetrate their blindspots? I agree you can extend unconditional love to those of whom you have no expectations but....unconditionally understand them? Their motives? Their drives?

Quote:
Unless you Understand or Innerstand that the feeling in your Heart is indeed Love you will not be able to Know Love.
Suggests you're hoping to produce a definitive, comprehensive definition of "what love is." I fear that won't work but it will open a most interesting discussion!

Otherwise it may be best to avoid love. What does it offer, after all?