View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
I believe each of us is an immaterial soul that temporarily inhabits a material vehicle, the body with its genetic heritage. A less evolved soul has more difficulties in mastering its body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberatedlotus
Ultimately, the human being can either
overcome or succumb to their conditions.

I agree with the other posters. No one got to use this excuse in the past and nowadays it's being overused. We've all got struggles and it's what this human experience is all about. Some folks have immense burdens and it's very helpful for them and for us to understand their struggles more deeply. We could all stand to become much more aware of the weight of many of these burdens, and the assistance they may need day-to-day. Some of us may need additional aids or support that go beyond the physical and address the social and the individual aspects of our reality -- I'm thinking personality disorders, mental illnesses or challenges, and what I call the rampant spiritual and emotional illnesses and challenges of our day, which are bred and fed by a utilitarian, narcissitic mainstream culture.

But those who are challenged still need to strive to overcome their momentary urges and their violent or anti-social tendencies...to the best of their ability and in whatever ways they can do so. We all do. It's all down to choice...with the biggest choice involving our decision to commit to ourselves and to the struggle, versus taking the easy way out. It's the road less travelled by, versus taking the low road.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke