View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
in as much as people not agreeing on what it is?

I would say "fighting" is a little strong. However there are a lot of different opinions as to what paganism actually is.

The problem is there is no book of truths like the bible. Traditions have been handed down and also new traditions being created.

The handed down stuff can be very different because for so many years it had to be kept secret.

I tend to listen to the land and follow my own path rather than any set of handed down rules.

There can be a lot of scorn between groups.. some will look at others and say they are too fluffy, or too neo-pagan and not honouring the ancestors. You even get different kinds of druids. My friend is one kind and I was talking about Bobcat and she sat there and said that she didn't think she was a druid of any kind she had heard of.

This is why the term Pagan is so difficult to define... it covers sooooo much

Paganism us the belief and worship of numerous gods, as had been popular in ancient Greece and Rome.
Babylon, Egypt, etc.
While Pantheism is about many gods as aspects, representing One Supreme Deity.

I've viewed, "Interfath", as recognizing the mystical aspects of the various faiths,
and the agreement of all at their essence, at that level, in alignment with each other.

There is One Truth. God is Truth.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein