View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I have found the moment of submitting to a greater force, acknowledging that 'I' am not enough, to be both vital and life-changing to me.

But I am currently finding a lot of truth in some of the Tibetan Buddhist attainments, especially clear light.

My question is, in Buddhism/Tibetan Buddhism, is there also a moment of submitting to some greater force/Buddha, because I can't imagine attaining anything without this crucial 'submission to something greater' moment.
I am sort of with you on this one.
I think in general – in Buddhism you do surrender to Reality “What Is”. (From unreal 'concepts' to actual reality - what is happening).
And your or anyone’s "Assemblage point of Awareness" i.e. Reality can be from ego-centric Amygdala melt down trigger heads to detached “Witness” to “Realized Being” - depending “where you are at”.

In Vajrayana, you either work with the Mandala set-up or you surrender to “Guru”.
In Shamanism you take (similar to the Mandala), World Pole as you World View and what you end up with is a “Guru” or “Spirit guidance” until you become "Self realized".

P.S. I think that the "Clear Light" is at the junction of 'Witness' to 'Self Realized' (if you can handle it).