Thread: recency bias
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 06:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questions
Sorry but most psychologists are just as bad as religious people if not worse at times. Most probably have good intentions but are just as lost as the religious people parroting scripture without wisdom (experience). I would say it's helpful for those that refuse or are unable to look at their selves and want a quick fix (medication).

Either way don't get me wrong they are good for certain people I guess but if you are genuinely interested in the spiritual path it's better to find a real master and even they can only point the way and you have to do the work.
Yes, I understand....what I don't get, is how does one know or can tell if a master is "genuine" or "real"?

I can see a deeper meaning and wisdom behind texts like the Vedas and the Puranas, and I also attach the label of being "religious" and subscribing to Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism), because following a certain Sampradaya (school of thought) is less airy-fairy than just saying that one is "spiritual" even though, with religions like Hinduism and Buddhism, it is really six of one and half a dozen of another.

There are quite a few masters in the Kashmir Shaivism tradition...but none in Australia..and I don't really know if one can get the same benefits online..say, over Skype than actually being in their physical presence...how does the energy transference actually work over the internets anyway?

However, I am digressing from the main topic to reply to you.

I understand that many base their perceptions and judgments on THIS incarnation only, even if they believe in past lives.

For example, I have had a few tell me that a Caucasian Female from Australia cannot be a Hindu because I don't have brown skin and I was not born into a Hindu family...I just don't remember what happened when I WAS and I died to now be reborn as a Caucasian in a Christian country...and when we speak of the Atman, what has ANY of that gotta do with the price of fish (or tofu)?

If someone who is a Hindu says that I am not, my immediate response to that now is, "well then...if I am not a Hindu, then neither are YOU".