View Single Post
Old 29-07-2011, 04:42 AM
spiritmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
I used a Sony MP3 IC recorder this past weekend and got some nice EVP's. The most important thing is to get a recorder that will allow you to download to your computer. Audacity is a nice free computer program that will allow you to analyze your evidence.

Secure your recorder to a hat or stick it securely in the hat band to reduce movement sounds. Also take extra batteries. They can be drained in an active area. Talk in a normal voice. Avoid whispering as it is hard to discern later when you analyze.

Allow time between questions for a reply. Let your recorder run though the whole time you are at your location even when you are not actively doing an EVP session. We got several EVP's when we were changing locations and just talking in general. All of the EVP's I picked up were "intelligent" in that they were in response to what was going on at the time.

Good luck!

Howdy!

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to look into the Sony MP3 IC. Is an mic needed for the Sony MP3 IC, or is there a mic on the unit itself?

I have Audacity, Audition, and and ProTools, so I planned on doing a lot of clean up.

One last question for you: Is there a time of the day that is better for EVPs than others?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I plan on documenting the experiences, if there is anything of note.

With Love,
Spirit Monk