View Single Post
Old 14-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Glorymist

8-infinite-8 - - your answer surprises me. And - - since I am just getting back to it now - - and see there have been a number of posts since you replied to me - - I'll start back at that reply to me - - and see where we go from there.

It is surprising to me how the world today lives so much on false assumption. It amazes me how a person who knows nothing about another - - can just flat come out and say - - "you believe or know this or that - - or do not know this or that." I mean - - common courtesy would suggest that a person ASKS first - - before drawing such conclusions.

You state that I do not know why we exist. Please - - and I am asking nicely - - please understand that statement of yours to be your assumption. And - - I will also add this - - if you asked why we exist - - and I told you - - and you disputed it - - that would have *nothing* to do with its actual validity or not. It would only show your acceptance level of it.

This is not the first time I have run into this. Other people make so many claims - - such as - - "No one knows this - - " or "No one can understand that - - " and etc.

If that were the case - - the entire purpose / nature of the Path would only be an exercise in futility.

There are a couple of things you seem to overlook. One - - if you make such a statement - - to me - - or anyone else - - it is very obvious that you will NOT find out from them - - or from Life - - the "reason" why we exist. Attitude and expectation have a LOT to do with what one realizes in any particular lifetime. Two - - there "will" be no "evidence" as far as "proving" anything of a truly spiritual nature. The physical / psychic world understanding of what is - - cannot prove spiritual existence. If you wait for "evidence" - - as does so many others so this is NOT a criticism here - - but you will wait - - "forever."

Third - - you didn't "say" - - silence as opposed to music. You talked of silence. I addressed - - silence. The fact that there is Divine Music in IT all is another facet altogether. To try and bring them together so you can use one to negate the other is - - um - - "odd." But - - common. :->

To say the the perceptions of the human mind / human state of consciousness is limited - - is quite obvious. But - - what about the perceptions of Soul ?? Since that is indeed what we are - - by any name you wish to call It - - and one can most definitely learn to perceive of and thru Soul Itself - - which would be the Real Self - - then I would not be talking about the human state of consciousness now, would I ??

If you ask me can I / do I know and understand from the level of Soul - - I will not say - - for the reasons addressed above. Mostly - - you wouldn't believe me - - so why say so.

I guess my whole point is - - and I mean this in a gentle way - - and if you can accept it - - that is the way I wrote this entry for I mean no harsh criticism or ill intent - - my point is that if yo close so many doors - - you do just that. You close - - doors. You only make the Path longer. Most everyone does this - - without a doubt. The closing of doors and making the Path longer than it needs to be. But - - feel fortunate in that this has just been pointed out to you - - and in the kind understanding that this is just a part of the entire process.

What you do NOW - - is up to you. It is not up to anyone else. You can continue to say - - "You don't know this - - " or that "These things do not do this or that - - " or that "There is no evidence and I'm not going to believe until there is - - " - - or whatever.

There is an old saying - - "Only the brave and the adventurous know God."

Consider that when you consider what I have just said - - and what the underlying implications might be.

I truly mean no disrespect or anger here. None. I always thought your other entries to be quite profound and rather deep. Your reply to me was - - as I said - - surprising.

I wish you well.