View Single Post
Old 18-12-2019, 05:01 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I do understand.

I respect those who have chosen that responsibility because I personally am unable to sacrifice my own health, emotional needs and happiness for the sake of another...it is why I prefer to be alone.

Therefore, I really have no answer for those who have mouths to feed, stuck in a dead end job they hate...I honestly don't know how such people can live with themselves...but they manage somehow...they HAVE to because they have absolutely NO choice!

I would hate to be in a position where I did not have any choice or say about my life and die a little inside every day. I would end up killing myself.

Good luck to those with mouths to feed who are paying off a mortgage...that kind of lifestyle isn't for me and I cannot really relate to anybody in that situation because I am not in it myself...my brother tells me that ALL the time.

All I know is that there are certain problems in life which HAVE no solutions and no way out of the misery...all one can do is rant and rave about it.

Kids are not even the reason. Even if I did not have children, I would still have to work or the alternative would be to either a) be homeless or b) move back in with my mother. Both options are worse to me than working. That was more what I was saying.
I don't hate my job at all and it's not a dead end. What I resent is feeling like I am forced to do it (or anything else for that matter) because the options are so limited. Makes me lean more towards feeling like this is a slave-system sometimes. That's all I was saying.