View Single Post
Old 25-10-2019, 11:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
"If QP is right the the 'Big Bang' would have to have been observed by 'a consciousness carrier' otherwise it would not have taken place."

In a nutshell and in the context of your above post there is only probability until measurement (observation) occurs, transforming probability into reality. The wave function of probability is collapsed into a discreet particle. Light is both a wave (before measurement) and particle (after measurement). It's the double slit experiment.

This is the Copenhagen interpretation of QM. Then there's the Many Worlds interpretation which states measurement splits off the probabilities into separate and unique Universes.

There's also another main interpretation called Objective Reduction which I'm not totally familiar with but as I understand doesn't carry as much weight in physics as the above interpretations.

There are also different interpretations of the Copenhagen interpretation. For instance what is measurement? Is it conscious observation or is observation by experimental equipment enough? I think it's more likely interaction with anything and everything else but I'm not a physicist. Dean Radin recently ran double slit experiments to try to answer this and I believe his conclusion is it's conscious observation but he's not a physicist, just an engineer and scientists dismiss his work and findings as woo.

For a deeper understanding of the supporting arguments there are a ton of YouTube videos, but to be honest no one really knows the answer. QM is weird, even to physicists.

Thanks for taking the trouble, now it's clear I do in fact know that.

But - I don't see any connection with the basic premise - namely that QP states quite clearly (although not understood) that in order for anything to exist an observer is needed.

That's why I've been puzzling over the existence of the BB.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.