View Single Post
Old 13-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
i give up.

today after a lunch of veggies and hummus and a salad and a small handful of sweet potato fries (plain - was a special treat at work) i crashed as if i was coming down of a box of pixi stix.

im going to my dr. thurs am for bloodwork. i've doubled the amount of bladderwrak im taking, taking l-tyrosine 3x/day, eating healthy, exercising 3-5x a week (i mean i walked / jogged 4 MILES yesterday in under an hour). and i still can't function without 8-9h of sleep and even then as soon as i eat anything i crash shortly after. i haven't even had coffee - all tea. organic.

i am SO fed up and frustrated. i weighed less when i went to bars every other night, ate wings and fried food regularly, and NEVER exercised. at ALL other than riding my horses.

i'm more fit - i can feel it - not sore after even 1h20m in the gym on every machine possible pushing myself til i feel like im going to collapse. yet not sore the next day. yet i've lost NO weight - and i weigh more than i did 2-3 years ago when i was incredibly unhealthy.

and please don't tell me to cut out alcohol, sugar, wheat, or do some juice diet. i'm not looking for a quick fix to lose 10 pounds. i am and HAVE changed the way i eat, exercise, and live, all with no changes whatsoever.

my family on BOTH sides has a massive history of major thyroid issues. and you can't tell me that i go from no working out other than riding my horses, to changing my diet, jogging (which btw i haven't done since COLLEGE over a decade ago) mult days per week plus ab exercises PLUS riding more to the point that im not winded and not sore after at ALL - yet i weigh the same and still am tired all the time - you can't even tell me that is remotely normal.

if ANYONE has any isight to share or anything they can show me to help, please please let me know. i'd love if it was just a chakra out of whack or some energy field off, but i feel like something is majorly wrong :/

I recommend getting on a free weight routine. Machines restrict your natural form too much and don't engage stabilizers. Stick to compound movements such as presses (shoulder and chest), pullups, rows, squats, and lunges. It also couldn't hurt to do some interval training.

Other than that, don't get too caught up in the numbers on the scale. If you're gaining weight or staying the same it's probably because you've gained some muscle in the process. See how your clothing fits you, or better yet, have your body fat tested. This should give you an accurate metric of your gains/losses.

I'm always willing to help. Just let me know.

EDIT: Saw that you've lost some weight in your last post. Good job. Stick with it.