View Single Post
Old 18-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
According to Judaism, how did creation begin? Is it the same story as in what Christians call the Old Testament? Did G-d create light and then Eden and then Man/Woman?

Did Man & Woman actually fall from grace according to Judaism? Is humanity considered to be 'fallen'? Do we need to restore our perfection and grace, as it is in Christianity?

I'm confused by the apparent discrepancy between Judaism and the Christian Old Testament. What are the differences?

Working with a dead computer is no fun and so I am behind in my responses, public and private, for which I apologize. And now, with Pesach (Passover) about to begin, I won't have the opportunity to post for a bit.

Therefore, to be brief, and in response to your first question, the Old Testament and the Tanakh are the same, some books being ordered differently. For example, the Tanakh ends with Chronicles, the OT with Malachi.

Your other questions can't be answered with a simple yes or no and terms need to be defined. I will have to get back to you.

B'shalom,

Peter