View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Well I find it hard to believe that my cousin, who was brain damaged, was being punished for something in a previous life but according to what this guy I know said that seems to be the only explanation(based on what he believes).

So you can accept or reject what you were told. You don't need to believe it.

Sometimes, some things are beyond answer. We wrestle our brains, we look for a truth, we look for a reason, we look for a tangible, but sometimes we have to let go and accept that we can't know all the whys, the reasons, the rationales.

And there are a lot of people affected in your cousin's situation, there are the parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, siblings. the impact is great and yet they all have a burden in such a case. And, you have been impacted.

There are, in my view, a number of reasons why a person may suffer deeply. There may be one reason, there may be several reasons why a higher self has chosen to live a difficult life of any nature.

You may find out the why, but I would urge you to focus closer to home and look for the learnings you can take for it. If your cousin chooses via his higher self to reveal why - that is one thing - but do not go prying too much as it is his stuff and we are about ourselves in this life. Sounds selfish but if you go hunting for the lesson in someone else's life, you may miss the importance for yourself - either in relation to what is going on there or going on in some other aspect.

May you find peace in your search for understanding.