View Single Post
Old 30-06-2019, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Hi and cheers for your reply.
I realised that if I don't counter their mean attitude, and hold the negative emotions inside me, it just makes me feel worse over time as the negativity and frustration builds up. The mean person gets away with it, not caring (some might feel good that they harmed) and I tend to frustrate and harm myself mentally because of holding in the frustration and negativity as I feel bullied mentally(emotionally)

At my working place, there is a guy who is in a higher job position than me, he is assigned as my mentor but he always tells me "Oh that's incorrect" or "You're wrong" , every time and he says this while he is laughing at me and others are around me. He seems critic towards me every time, there is no encouragement out there, despite him being my mentor. Don't get me wrong. I love doing mistakes, I love learning, but his attitude is a bit obnoxious(from my perspective), in the way that I perceive it as bullying and I dislike it

His duty is to teach and mentor me, instead he gives me tasks and then he just criticizes me.I feel frustrated because of that. Maybe I am too sensitive but I can feel him being mean and trying to show superiority
There's always more than 1 way to do a job, and you'll always run into people like that. In employment there might not be much you can do. But if you're confident in what your doing is right you'll just have to prove it to them. Or better yet prove it to the people who really matter. I used to work with someone who was really strict on how things were done. She wanted it her way or no way. There was a point where I had to stand my ground I did and from then on there is a greater respect for one another. You just have to be firm and sensitive at the same time. That can be tricky.